First of all, thanks to Michelle at Vera Gin Vintage for nominating me for this challenge. As a new blogger it’s great to have the opportunity to share a bit about myself, as well as a fun way to kick off the new year.
Here are the Rules:
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate eleven bloggers and set questions for them.
Eleven Facts About Me:
- To my mother’s despair, I refused to learn to read until I went to ‘big school’. I picked it up fairly quickly, though.
- I’m named for an aunt, who is also my godmother.
- I’m a bit of a Daddy’s Girl.
- I work with children, and I love my job, but I hate it when I’m asked to teach Sunday School. Teachers need a day off, too!
- I’m pro-life.
- I’m also pro-same-sex marriage (I consider both to be about protecting the rights of the vulnerable. Also, it allows me to piss off both sides).
- Although I always try to be fair and impartial in my treatment of them, I have favourites amongst the kids I work with. Most people who work with kids probably do.
- My favourite T.V. show is the Australian murder mystery/period drama Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries.
- In spite of living in one of the most rugby-mad countries in the world, I can’t stand rugby (I’m not keen on other sports either).
- I suffer from terrible motion-sickness.
- I really enjoy being single, and would have to really like someone before I’d give it up for him.
Answers to the questions I was set:
- Have you always lived in the same part of the world?
No; I was born in England and moved to New Zealand as a child.
- What are your personal/family Christmas/holiday traditions?
When I was a child, my grandparents sent me Clement C. Moore’s ‘The Night Before Christmas’ and Mum used to read it to us each Christmas Eve. According to Dad, it was a tradition in his family when he was growing up, so when I was sent the book he suggested continuing it. I also make a batch of Christmas mince pies every year – they’re expensive and time-consuming, but delicious.
- When did you first start blogging?
In November 2015.
- What’s your main goal for your blog?
It’s a learning tool for me: I remember things better if I’ve had to write a summary of them. And being public, with people following it, means that I’m disciplined about actually writing them down.
- If you could change a personality trait of your own, what would it be?
I’m quite shy and often lost for words. For which I sometimes over-compensate.
- Where is somewhere you’ve never been that you’d love to visit?
Israel and Greece.
- Do you speak a second language?
Hablo un poquito d’espanol, et je parle un petit peu de francais. I’ve also taken a course in Te Reo Maori, but can only speak a few words and phrases in spite of it being an official language of New Zealand.
- What categories of blogs do you like to follow (eg. arts and crafts, literature, beauty)?
Sad to say, I don’t follow many blogs as I feel like I’m always too busy as it is, but the few I do follow tend to relate to food, beauty and fashion (and are completely irrelevant to my own blog).
- Do you have any pets?
Yes; a cat and two chickens.
- What’s something that drives you nuts?
People leaving unwashed dishes in the sink! I know it sounds crazy, but I have actually warned people who come to stay with me to please, please not do this as it really, really bugs me.
- Your favourite smell or perfume?
Perfume is ‘Miracle’, by Lancome. I bought a bottle when I was 20 and travelling overseas for the first time. I was in New York City, and although I seldom wear it anymore it reminds me of being young, free, and discovering who I was.
Eleven Questions for You to Answer:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Do you have siblings, and if so how many?
- What is one of the most interesting places you’ve ever visited?
- Name a favourite book.
- What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
- If you could visit any one city, which one would you choose?
- British or American spelling?
- When was the last time you visited a museum or art gallery?
- Have you ever seen a play by Shakespeare? If so, which one/s?
- Your favourite lazy-morning-at-home breakfast?
- Describe one of your favourite items of clothing:
Since I’m quite new to the world of blogging I don’t have eleven blogs to nominate. If you’ve read this post and you have a blog, comment below and consider yourself nominated!